Abu Dhabi Storage Blog provides information and tips on storage and moving services

Jan 29, 2015

Get Document Clutter Under Control Today With These Easy Steps

The paper clutter is overwhelming you and your home's decor?

Maybe it is time for an overhaul. Here’s how.

Create Action Files

When you first see a document, you should be able to make a decision about the document almost immediately. There are three things that you can do with the document.

1. It can be paid
2. It can be answered
3. It can be filed

We strongly recommend that you create 3 Action Files in an accessible location. They should be labeled 'Pay', 'Answer' and 'File'. Put the document in its respective Action File within 10 seconds of reading the document.

Deal with the documents in your Action File once every week and then file away the documents after you've finished dealing with them.

This immediate sorting will ensure a dramatic decrease in paper clutter in your house.

Take advantage of the 80/20 Rule

This is the 80/20 rule.

You only need 20% of the papers you file. The remaining 80% of the papers will not be useful and will never be handled again after you file them.

Keep the 80/20 rule in mind when you are filing your documents next time. Think long and hard before you file a document instead of putting in storage.

Store away

It makes sense to put 80% of the documents in storage.

This new year resolve to limit document clutter. The contents of your filing cabinet should only contain files that you know you are definitely going to consult regularly. All other documents should be put away in storage to avoid clutter taking over your house.

Follow these simple steps and ensure that paper clutter does not get out of hand. 
Read More
For more information Visit Site